Many people struggle with low mood. It is estimated that up to one in four people in our community will experience an episode of depression in their lifetime.
This program aims to assist people:
- To cope with, and manage, low mood and depression
- Explore the role that our thoughts have on maintaining inner suffering
- Understand and recognise faulty thinking patterns
- Learn practical techniques to challenge and manage negative thoughts
Anxiety in some situations is not only normal, but quite essential. It is your mind and body’s signal for fear. But for many, anxiety is severe, pervasive and often debilitating. It can take the form of panic attacks, feelings of dread, persistent worry, fear of death, phobias, and social anxiety that makes it difficult to engage in interactions with others.
In this program participants will develop:
- A comprehensive understanding of the myriad ways in which anxiety and stress impact upon our lives.
- An understanding of how thinking patterns contribute to their symptoms.
- Skills to change faulty thinking.
- Identification of potential stressors and distinctive responses to anxiety.
- Relaxation Training.
Stress and burn out are significant issues and have serious impacts on performance and longevity. But why is that? Are professionals predisposed to stress in different ways to others? Do their thinking styles make them more critical and judgmental? Do they perceive and interact differently with people?
This Metacognetics™ – Emotional Intelligence workshop seeks to answer these questions. Emotional Intelligence is the ability that individuals have to manage both themselves and others and the good news is that it can be developed. It is about understanding and having an accurate insight into an individual’s motivation to succeed. This includes; understanding the impact of stress and pressure, recognising why people behave the way they do, knowing how to make ‘key’ decisions and to maximise one’s performance. This is the key to success and this workshop will help you apply it to your workplace.
In this workshop participants will:
- Be introduced to the functional model of stress and it’s impact on performance.
- Enhance personal and professional interactions using emotional intelligence as a navigator through systemic stress.
- Develop the ability to understand others emotions and behaviours and how it effects you and your performance.
- Develop awareness of your emotional patterns and behaviours and how it holds you back from success.
- Learn new methods of managing behavior.
Mindfulness is a mental state of awareness, openness and focus.
Mindfulness skills will help participants to:
- Reduce stress and worry.
- Break self-defeating habits.
- Let go of distressing or unhelpful thoughts.
- Improve concentration and decision-making abilities.
- Improve performance and find satisfaction in work.
- Develop more meaningful and satisfying relationships.
Anger management is about becoming aware of your underlying feelings/needs and developing healthier ways to manage your negative emotions.
The goal is to express anger in constructive ways. Enhanced Anger Management Skills will improve your ability to control your emotions, and lead to a greater sense of well-being, improved relationships, and energy to achieve your life goals.
In this program participants will learn:
- What causes their anger.
- Recognizing early warning signs.
- Self-control skills and strategies.
- Frustration tolerance and impulse control.
- Healthy alternatives to anger.
- Effective communication skills.
- Enhance emotional intelligence.
- Stress relief.
- Identifying Automatic Negative Thoughts.
- Traumatic Events.
- Coping Strategies.